The National Child Safeguarding team launched a new website in October 2020 with the most up to date information and resources for Early and Care and School Aged Childcare Providers with respect to safeguarding Children. This website has plentiful information for Parents, Early Years Practitioners, training information, quality assurance in terms of practice and so forth. The website can be accessed here.
Useful Links for Child Protection & Welfare:
- Irish Government
- Tusla, Child & Family Agency
- Tusla, Child & Family Agency Child Protection Publications
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- Dealing with a Child Protection Disclosure
- Information on developing a Child-Safeguarding Statement and your Child Protection policies can be found here
- If you want to discuss any Child Protection Concerns informally or you want to make a formal report, contact the Social Work Department, Blackpool (North Lee) OR Social Work Department, St. Finbarrs (South Lee)
- Mandated Persons Out of Hours Helpline: If you are a mandated reporter and wish to report a case of child harm to Tusla, you can contact their out-of-hours social work service on 0818 776 315 between 6pm and 6am every night and between 9am-5pm on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.