Cork City Childcare and the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth are delighted to seek applications for the Parent & Toddler Grant 2021, from existing Parent & Toddler Groups in the Cork City Region.
Applications for funding under this scheme should only be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not-for-profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community. Grants will normally range from €100 to €1250. Existing Parent and Toddler Groups can apply for a maximum of €800. New start up groups, planning to be active this year, may apply for maximum grant of up to €1250.
Funding will be available for:
- Toys, equipment and books for indoor and outdoor activities
- Storage for equipment
- Training for parents, e.g. pediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses
- Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance, rent or minor refurbishment, up to a maximum of 30% of total funding for existing services.
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance or rent, up to a maximum of 70% of total funding for new services.
Funding will not be available for:
- Groups operating out of private homes
- Groups with €3000 or more closing balance in 2020
- Groups that received funding in 2020 and did not return the Progress Report and receipts for items purchased with last grant
- Outings, once off events and parties
- Existing groups who do not submit evidence of appropriate insurance when making their application
What Cork City Childcare Committee Can do for you:
- Cork City Childcare is available to support anyone wishing to set up a parent and toddler group or those currently running one.
- We can provide information which promotes the provision of a quality service, that runs smoothly and conveniently for all the children and parents attending.
- We can assist you in choosing toys and activities which are developmentally appropriate; encourage adult child interactions or we may be able to put you in contact with relevant agencies or organisations.
Closing Date for Applications is Friday July 30th 2021.
Please contact 021 4310500 or email info@corkcitychildcare for further information.